httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen STATUS
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 21:37:59 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Adding more and more and more steps to do patches doesn't help
> development.
>
> It takes a hell of a lot of time to do all that stuff when many patches
> simply don't need it.  You move quickly towards a point when people start
> leaving things out rather than go through some long process.

I would like to try it rather than bandy opinions.  EMMV, and we'll find
out later.  Maybe it will add steps, maybe not.

And to both Dean and Marc: My objection to Dean's including his twinlark
steps was that he was including them in a generic model, not a "this is
what it means to me personally."  Both times when I mentioned I liked
Jim's proposal I clearly stated that it would make things nicer for *me*.
I made no attempt to claim that it would reduce the number of COBOL
programmes in the world or simplify *everyone's* development process.

So there! <g>

As mentioned elsewhere, I would like to at least try it.  Maybe it will
suck, maybe it will allow me (and others?) to test more patches, maybe
it *will* reduce the number of COBOL programmes in the world.  I'd
rather be able to develop an informed opinion than guess.

#ken	P-)}