httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Atkins <br...@posthuman.com>
Subject Re: r->hostname vs. s->server->server_hostname
Date Wed, 07 Jan 1998 22:59:42 GMT
Ok, some progress now that I finally have a bit of time. I modified
the prototype of construct_url to include the request_rec and
modified the function and all references to it (I only found one
in mod_dir.c?) to use the r->hostname in place of the old
server_hostname. It works great!

Next I dropped in:
table_set (e, "HOSTNAME", r->hostname);
into add_common_vars() in util_script.c and this is the custom
log format we are using:
LogFormat "\"%{HOSTNAME}e\" %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-agent}i\""
But in the logs now we get "-" instead of the hostname. Any
idea what could be wrong?

Assuming we get the logging working, the last incompatibility
we have run into with these "fake" vhosts is Frontpage. For
instance, right now we have a copy of this server running on
port 8000, and if you try to List Webs on brian5.hypermart.net:8000
in Frontpage you will get a listing of all of our webs instead of
the single <root web> of brian5 (a test account of mine). So
Frontpage obviously is still picking up www.hypermart.net instead
of brian5.hypermart.net somewhere... What else should I be changing
in the source to get this working? CGI vars?

Thanks for any help
--
The future has arrived; it's just not evenly distributed.
                                                       -William Gibson