httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Tatarinov <>
Subject memory leak when adding a new module, please help!
Date Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:54:36 GMT

I got a very weird problem when trying to add my caching module to Apache.
For some reason, Apache doesn't want to release memory anymore.

Here is what I have:

- I didn't change anything in Apache itself
- I didn't overload any methods but init/config and the handler
- I never allocate anything after init

- when my module always DECLINEs requests, everything works fine (Apache
frees memory)

- when I run my module separately (I have a small http server for that), my
small server doesn't eat memory

- when I enable my module in Apache, the httpd processes start growing
as if they never clean any pools (like if I had a single unlimited
keepalive connection).

I feel like I am lost and have no idea what could cause this problem.

I don't have to call any cleanup functions from my module, do I?

I would appreciate any suggestions, please help!

View raw message