httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Tatarinov <tatar...@prairie.NoDak.edu>
Subject setsockopt in child_main
Date Tue, 06 Jan 1998 03:40:12 GMT
Correct me if I am wrong but currently socket options (KEEPALIVE and
SND_BUF, SO_LINGER) are only set for the listening sockets (in make_sock).

If all these options were inherited on accept, everything would be fine but
TCP_NODELAY seems to be an exception (disable_ nagle is also called in
child_main). So it is not inherited? (I checked it isn't; throughput
degarades significantly without it).

I suspect all others are not inherited either so they have to be set again
(actually the listening sockets do not probably require a large buffer). I
may be wrong though.

any ideas?

thanks,
igor