httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz>
Subject httpd -MApache::httpd_conf
Date Sun, 04 Jan 1998 21:29:33 GMT
At the moment, I can configure my httpd with nothing but this in
httpd.conf:

PerlModule Apache::httpd_conf

But, I still have to tell httpd where httpd.conf is located, which
really sucks since Perl can find
Apache/httpd_conf.pm on it's own.  With the patch below, mod_perl users
can simply start the server with 'httpd -MApache::httpd_conf'.  `-M' is
also a Perl switch that pulls in Perl modules.  Lots of folks are using
Perl to configure httpd these days, I'm sure this switch will prove
valuable.  In my case, we're shipping an apache/mod_perl based product
which we'd like to have configure itself 100%.  Having to use -d or -f
switches eats away at that percentage considerably.  What do you think?

-Doug