httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: win32: reason for inactive service taking 60s to shutdown
Date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 17:36:03 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:
> +#ifdef MULTITHREAD
> +/* special debug stuff -- PCS */

Why make this multithread only?

> -static void sig_term(int sig)
> +#ifdef WIN32
> +static void signal_parent(void)
>  {
> +    HANDLE e;
> +    /* after updating the shutdown_pending or restart flags, we need
> +     * to wait up the parent process so it can see the changes. The
> +     * parent will normally be waiting for either a child process
> +     * to die, or for a signal on the "spache-stop" event. So set the
> +     * "apache-signal" event.
> +     */

This comment makes little sense to me (even after correcting the
spelling mistakes). Should "spache-stop" be "apache-signal"?

Anyway, the bulk of the patches are a little large to decide whether
they will work, but they kinda make sense to me. I presume you've tested
them some. I'm willing to give them a go for 1.3b4...

Cheers,

Ben.