httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Where to now
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 22:10:06 GMT
At 09:11 AM 1/9/98 -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
[lazy voting]
>Sure it's a compromise. It's not all that everyone wants, but
>no one will get everything they want. It's give-and-take.
>It's good for those who want commit-then-review since it avoids
>the pitfall that if reviewer are lazy and they don't vote, the
>code can still go in. It's good for the review-then-commit
>crowd because it offers them the chance to see the code, and
>comment on it, before it's committed.

Just to explore this further; what's the threat if code is reviewed after
it's committed?  So long as those with commit access agree to a set of
principles (as I started with yesterday, I haven't read all my messages yet
to see if there's been responses), I don't see the problem.  I do see
something we could add to those principles - there should never be an
argument to the extent of "well it's already committed, so there's nothing
that can be done about it".  We should not be afraid to make mistakes, and
roll back patches or fix code in the tree if one was made.

>In any case, let's try to keep everyone happy and spread the
>pain around.

What?  Can't we spread the love too?  :)

	Brian

specialization is for insects				  brian@organic.com