httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frys...@w3.org>
Subject Re: Bug in chunked encoding in Apache 1.2.4 (fwd)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 19:50:18 GMT
At 11:07 1/2/98 -0800, Dean Gaudet wrote:

Hi Dean,

>Spaces are permitted after the chunked length, you know that right?

Yes, that's not a problem in my code - it accepts both spaces and
parameters although I have never seen anybody generating the latter.

>Apache does generate them (because it guesses how much space it will need
>to write the length, and then goes back later to fill it in and fills with
>trailing spaces), but this does look wrong.

That makes sense, I just noted that the 10 extra spaces that was not
present in the first response seems to be the 10 missing characters of the
chunk data.

>Are you using a special html module that's using rputc() to send output?
>There's a definate bug in rputc() but I'm not sure it can be triggered
>easily in 1.2.x (whereas in 1.3b3 it happens quite easily).  Maybe you can
>try this patch?

I am using straight 1.2.4 out of the box. Is the patch for 1.2.4 or 1.3b3
or does it matter?

Thanks and a happy newyear!

Henrik

PS: I am working from home today but I will try it out tomorrow.

World Wide Web Consortium
http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk