httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: worth fixing "read headers forever" issue?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 21:59:27 GMT
At 01:22 PM 1/2/98 -0800, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>When it malloc()s a block it increments a
>scoreboard entry showing how much memory it has allocated.  The parent
>prefers to kill off the child with the most memory allocated.  It's not at
>all expensive actually.

But will the parent check "often enough" to kill a child when it's reading
an infinite number of headers, for example?  It won't kill a child reading
a request anyways.  If we want a /general/ solution to the "reading input
from a network" problem, that checking should also be done while input is
being read.

specialization is for insects

View raw message