httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: apache-2.0
Date Wed, 28 Jan 1998 02:19:30 GMT
> From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
> I disagree on all three points.  It will be a complete rewrite or it
> won't be called 2.0.  Starting from scratch is not what we are doing --
> we are simply starting with a clean slate.  [...]

If the group decides to do that, they should probably also let the
developers establish critical mass for the new core away from this
list, maybe on another list or wherever the group decides.

You've already got several closely-associated projects that fit under the
Apache umbrella.  (I.e. mod_perl is probably the best known; see
http://perl.apache.org/.  The Java-Apache project is the one I participate
in; see http://java.apache.org/)  If a new core is decided to be the goal,
you can help it assemble critical mass like the other side projects have
if you allow it to start away from the stifling volume and politics of
this list.

And continue to coordinate releases, modules, bug reports, policy, etc here.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA