httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: add to in_the_news?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:46:27 GMT
On Thu, Jan 22, 1998 at 05:17:10PM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Thoughts on including URL's for those articles discussing the source code
> release of netscape navigator which mention Apache on the in_the_news.html
> page?  So far I have articles from wired, news.com, and wsj.com...

Even though I have no real say in the matter, I'd suggest that you add
these links if they actually say something about Apache, rather than
just mentioning it in passing as a piece of free software.

There's also an article from ZDNet, which I found from My Yahoo:

http://headlines.yahoo.com/zdnews/stories/885575313.html

The relevant quote:

"Take a look at how successful Apache [is] based on an army of unpaid
developers. Netscape will tap into that same army," Smith said.  "This
potentially can negate Microsoft's tremendous resource advantage. That
was a brilliant strategic move."

"How can one live in this age and not be curious?" -- Charles Krauthammer