httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: add to in_the_news?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 1998 08:40:59 GMT
> From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
> Thoughts on including URL's for those articles discussing the source code
> release of netscape navigator which mention Apache on the in_the_news.html
> page?  So far I have articles from wired, news.com, and wsj.com...

It's relevant.  It's closely-enough related to Apache because the subject
is about web software and free software.  It'll be freeware vs. Microsoft
in the web client arena too, starting in March.

I think Apache's reaching 50% of servers probably had the biggest influence
in giving free software enough credibility for this to happen.  But continued
gains in credibility of free software will now also depend on Netscape.

1998 just became a wild ride...  Fasten your seat belts.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA