httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Patches for Amdahl's UTS 2.1.2
Date Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:35:25 GMT
> From: dwd@ihgp.ih.lucent.com
> I had to make the following changes to port apache 1.2.5 to Amdahl's
> UTS 2.1.2 that we are running here at Bell Labs.  There was already
> support for "UTS21", so I suspect that whoever contributed that used
> a slightly newer point release than 2.1.2.  [...]

Whoa... that may go back to when I worked at Amdahl in their UTS lab.
That's a *very* old OS you're running...  (UTS 2.1 was Unix SVR3 for
mainframes.  I think 2.1.2 was from 1992 or 1993.)

I submitted the UTS 2.1 patches for NCSA HTTPD around December 1993 or
January 1994.  (I did the original UTS ports for both NCSA and CERN.)
If I remember correctly, Amdahl was probably running UTS 2.1.3 on their
externally-visible host at the time so your guess about a "newer" version
is probably correct.

Someone with CVS access can check up on this...  There may not have been
little or no attention to UTS 2.1 since the NCSA code was absorbed into
Apache.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA