httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: construct_url hardcoding "http" [was: solution to 'mod_rewrite.c wierdness' => mod_dir.c]
Date Thu, 22 Jan 1998 05:36:17 GMT
On Wed, Jan 21, 1998 at 10:30:51PM -0700, Marc Slemko said:

> It isn't ifdefed in other places.  Well, mod_rewrite is the only place and
> it is somewhat modern.  The reason for this is that the US gov't is
> moronic.  Such code could be considered hooks for encryption and be export
> restricted.

*eyes rolling to back of head*...  Tell me about it, I sincerely
wish the US government would get it's head out of it's arse.  :)
It's not like the encryption schemes are not _ALREADY_ outside of
the US...  I'm so confused by our governement sometimes until I
think about how the whole world runs....  It's all run by people
who haven't got a friggen clue one as to how this stuff even works...
*sigh*

For those Monty Python lovers out there:
  "Help, help!  I'm being repressed!!!"

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<tnet admin> anyway, I'm off, perl code is making me [a] crosseyed toady