httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Apache holds just under 50% of the Internet Server Market!
Date Fri, 16 Jan 1998 02:23:14 GMT
The long and short of it is that most of these "editors" and
"reporters" (1) just can't comprehend the "freeness" of Apache;
it's so outside of their realm that it confuses the crap out
of 'em. (2) have a deep, deep fear of even looking like they
are "anti-MS" or, at least, "critical" of MS. (3) don't mind
looking stupid when they write stupid stuff, just don't like it
when people indicate just how clueless they are.

As an aside, does anyone NOT think that MS has Zona right in
their back pocket? There was some "report" in MacWeek I think
that said that, according to Zona research, that the _internet_
is run over half by NT machines with Solaris being a "distant
second." Yeah, sure... pull the other one.