httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: mod_rewrite.c wierdness
Date Mon, 12 Jan 1998 06:59:38 GMT

In article <19980111133809.13398@texas.net> you wrote:

> I seem to have found a problem with mod_rewrite.c.  As far as I
> can tell, this is a very legitimate bug;  The following two URLs
> produce the same URI being inited into mod_rewrite:

> http://blah.dink.net/test/
> http://blah.dink.net/test

> ***The URI that mod_rewrite reports as being inited into the engine is***
> ***"/test/" for both URLs.                                            ***

> The first one goes through, hits the condition of matching
> /^.+\.dink\.net/ and does the rest of the rule substitutions; The
> second one, however, does not match the same condition when it
> should, no?  That is what I'm writing about.

> Now, am I missing the point, and the second URL really need the code
> modifictation you are talking about to construct_url?  If so, why?  They
> should both still be getting sent to mod_rewrite with the %{HTTP_HOST}
> of 'blah.dink.net' and should both exit with the same file results since
> both go in with the same strings...

> Or am I really confused?

I think you are confused because of a intermediate redirect for /test. Because
when I try it the manually (without browser) I get:

  [...] init rewrite engine with requested uri /test

for a "GET /test HTTP/1.0" request and

  [...] init rewrite engine with requested uri /test/

for a "GET /test/ HTTP/1.0" request. But the first one results in a redirect
In other words: I cannot reproduce that bug you think there is. Please try
again manually (Telnet to port 80 and enter the GET request manually to
make sure no auto-redirection is done by the used browser). If you then
still get /test/ in the rewrite logfile, please send us complete details
about which Apache version, location of your rulesets (per-server,
per-dir) and the rulesets itself plus the generated rewrite log lines.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com