httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite commitpolicies.html
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:47:06 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > > I think it would be helpful if, when a person decides to work
> > > on some stuff, to post/commit/whatever a short little note saying
> > > "I'm planning on doing this...". reasons have been posted before
> > > but if needed, I can relist them.
> >
> > Although I don't disagree with this particularly, I'll just note that we
> > don't require this currently.

Of course, we don't do commit-the-review now currently either, so that's
not a good reason not to do something; and it's a relatively minor
request to ask for such a major change (and commit-the-review _is_
a major change to how we do stuff; good and welcome, but major);
and finally it would alleviate some of _my_ concerns.