httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite commitpolicies.html
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:33:26 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > I think it would be helpful if, when a person decides to work
> > on some stuff, to post/commit/whatever a short little note saying
> > "I'm planning on doing this...". reasons have been posted before
> > but if needed, I can relist them.
>
> Although I don't disagree with this particularly, I'll just note that we
> don't require this currently.

Only because before code is commited, we know what it's doing.
With a looser commit-then-review cycle, then it's best if people
know what others are working on, if only to make sure the lines
of communication stay open.

Lately, however, we have been seeing more and more people saying
"Hey, I'm thinking about doing this"... some most likely to avoid
doing work and then having it thud to the ground as people don't
vote on it, but also for feedback and stuff.