httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: apache group process
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:21:46 GMT
> From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
> [...] There has always been a private
> apache core discussion list, even before we created new-httpd.  [...]
> So, we created a real mailing list,
> but then had one hell of a time deciding whether the list should remain
> "focused" or "inclusive" (even though it was neither at the time).

Don't worry about the fact that it wasn't announced.  Now that it has been
announced, don't forget that the project still needs a list for the core
people.  Don't change anything - keep the subscriptions limited to the
people who get voted in as members.

This may sound strange since I'm among the non-members I'm telling you to
exclude.  But I think anyone who looks at the best interests of the Apache
project as a whole should want the most active contributors to continue to
have an efficient method of communications that they can turn to as needed.
All of us who run Apache servers (which is now probably a majority of the
world's webmasters) have a vested interest in the stability of the project.

You're welcome to quote me next time someone complains about it.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA