httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: The Apache Group's 1st order of business
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 02:18:57 GMT
	Well I was hoping to make the conference thing a public issue
after we had fleshed it out internally, but here's the deal..

	C2Net is willing to foot the entire bill of running an Apache
Conference in San Francisco. We are hiring a new marketing person on
staff who will be able to manage the Conference Company that we
hire. We will cover the transportation expenses of core Apache members
(as defined by C2) and people who are presenting at the
conference. (Hopefully most members will be able to present as well as
just attend.)
	Not that we're willing to take a significant loss. We want to
charge for the conference so that all costs end up being covered in
the end, but C2Net willing to pony up the money and take the necessary
risks.
	Our new guy  is starting Feb 2nd.  Once he starts  I'd like to
have  a   Group'er who would   like to   volunteer  to  coordinate the
program. I have a rough program sketched out, but  I really don't have
time to coordinate the program.

	Please let me know in private email if you are interested.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777