httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Where to now
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 23:34:03 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> i.e. why should I be motivated to post a patch if I know
> I can just commit the sucker in 48 hours anyway regardless of whether
> someone reads it?

because, maybe, someone might have trouble with it? because, just maybe,
it allows people to see what you are proposing?

The only trouble I have with the commit-then-review is this attitude
that I should be able to commit whatever the flark I want. That if
I have to do any sort of effort to make people aware of what I'm
doing, then forget it. This smells selfish.

I'm not saying that this is how you feel, but that's how it
_sounds_.