httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: commit-then-review
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 23:29:37 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I'm not advocating that we stop communicating with each other... I'll
> still babble on about crap I'm working on.  I like babbling.

This kind of feedback goes a long way in alleviating people's
concern.

As things become clearer on how commit-then-review it's getting
better as well. For one thing, it's getting all of us talking.
All of us are "promising" that committed code will get a serious
look through. There's also the note that pre-work communication
will go on, which was absent from the original concept (or maybe
just not vocalized)...

commit-then-review is evolving into a version of LAZY voting,
except that the reports in STATUS don't reference actual patches,
but concepts and ideas.

My whole point, just in case people aren't getting it into their
heads, has been the concept of KNOWLEDGE. That the team knows what
people are doing, not the details per-se, but just the direction
and things like that.