httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: commit-then-review
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 23:58:17 GMT
On Fri, Jan 09, 1998 at 06:29:37PM -0500, Jim Jagielski said:

> All of us are "promising" that committed code will get a serious
> look through. There's also the note that pre-work communication
> will go on, which was absent from the original concept (or maybe
> just not vocalized)...

Okay, a voice that prolly doesn't count, but one way to do this is
to take the CVS scripts that (already) email out the diffs of a
commit and add to that the assignment of a 'commital' number to
which it can be referenced for approval.

In this way, instead of voting prior to commital with +1, you review
on a post-commital basis with a +1 in some file where the commitals
are tracked.  In this way, too, you can fairly quickly find any
commits that were not reviewed by a certain number of people, etc.

Just random thoughts as I process the thoughts of change.

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<tnet admin> anyway, I'm off, perl code is making me [a] crosseyed toady