httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: problem with mod_rewrite.c
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 23:25:44 GMT
On Fri, Jan 09, 1998 at 03:39:43PM -0700, Marc Slemko said:

> Read the thread from the other week about implementing virtual servers
> using this.  It uses the Servername and requires code changes to
> the construct_url area to use the Host: header if present.

Thanks for the pointer Marc, I really respect all your work with
Apache, but I've read the thread and don't really see talk of
construct_url (unless you are talking about a thread that I no
longer have--but doubtful).  My post, as far as I can tell, is
pointing out a very legitimate bug;  The following two URLs produce
the same URI being inited into mod_rewrite:

http://blah.dink.net/test/
http://blah.dink.net/test

The URI that mod_rewrite reports as being inited into the engine is
"/test/" for both URLs.

The first one goes through, hits the condition of matching
/^.+\.dink\.net/ and does the rest of the rule substitutions; The
second one, however, does not match the same condition when it
should, no?  That is what I'm writing about.

Now, am I missing the point, and the second URL really need the code
modifictation you are talking about to construct_url?  If so, why?  They
should both still be getting sent to mod_rewrite with the %{HTTP_HOST}
of 'blah.dink.net' and should both exit with the same file results since
both go in with the same strings...

Or am I really confused?

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<tnet admin> anyway, I'm off, perl code is making me [a] crosseyed toady