httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject commit-then-review
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 17:10:41 GMT
One thing I would like is that before people work on stuff
that they simply say, for example, "I'm updating foobar in flurbl.c"
For example, there are many places in the code where it could
be tightened up a bit. Dean is a maniac with that (I'm just waiting
for assembler :) ) but others also like tuning up code (myself
included). Let's just say that both Dean and Ken get it into their
minds to rework the code in util.c... Both would be working on
the same stuff which could be a waste of at least some time.
Maybe Dean commits his stuff first and then Ken needs to compare
his work with Dean's and "replace" things that might be "better."
By announcing things first (1) it's possible that they could
work it together offline, instead of seperately since they both
know what they have in mind (2) it reduces wasted cycles.

Nothing fancy... maybe just a short blurb in STATUS similar to
the CONCEPT stuff...

Yea? Nea? Shut the hell up?