httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Where to now
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 14:11:45 GMT
OK... Everyone agrees that changes need to be made. Right now
people are talking review-then-commit and commit-then-review as
if they are the only options.

Since many people are more upset but the fact that the current
review-then-commit process requires votes, why not go with
something we already have in place, and one which we feel
comfortable with, one which addresses concerns: Lazy Voting

Sure it's a compromise. It's not all that everyone wants, but
no one will get everything they want. It's give-and-take.
It's good for those who want commit-then-review since it avoids
the pitfall that if reviewer are lazy and they don't vote, the
code can still go in. It's good for the review-then-commit
crowd because it offers them the chance to see the code, and
comment on it, before it's committed.

If we could streamline and automate the process of updating
STATUS, all the better. Or maybe we go back to someone having
responsibility for STATUS... this also addresses some concerns.

In any case, let's try to keep everyone happy and spread the
pain around.
      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services           |