httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen STATUS
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 02:51:32 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:

> what I was thinking of was not having beta cycles at all. If the code
> is stable at a specific point it can be released. 'stable' is then
> defined to be less stringent than it is now (which is why 1.2 and 1.3
> take forever to release).

Hmmm... intriguing... No betas... Maybe something similar to
the FreeBSD -stable tree? I think betas have a place, at least
one or 2, but dozens is stupid :)

> These long beta cycles are failing miserably IMO.

+1

> I also trust/assume that any kind of major change will be discussed
> before code is written or committed. None of us like being told an
> idea sucks or has been proved hopeless AFTER writing it.

One would hope... One golden point lately has been the posts
"I have an idea about this..." because it gives people an
upfront knowledge that at least it will be considered.
This should be continued IMO.