httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Change
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 02:25:51 GMT
Change is good.

Example 1: The current process of posting patches and then having
M-ID in status. A nice change IMO would be to place the patches
somewhere under the CVS tree to allow easy and consistant access
to the patches. Change-type: Evolutionary. As far as I can recall,
Dean thought this sucked, even though it helped some people out.

Example 2: The current review-and-commit process, which has been
used since Day 1 is slow. A nice change would be to instead
have commit-and-review. Change-type: Revolutionary. Dean liked it
cause it made things easier for him.

Dean, this has me confused :) :)

Seriously, we all like change that help us out, and dislike change
that either doesn't help us or makes things tougher.

I think we all are compromising, common sense people. We can
make things better. But sometimes evolution is "easier" than
revolution, and given time can do more.