httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Change
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 05:08:41 GMT
On Thu, Jan 08, 1998 at 07:01:07PM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> At 09:25 PM 1/8/98 -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >Change is good.
> >
> >Example 1: The current process of posting patches and then having
> >M-ID in status. A nice change IMO would be to place the patches
> >somewhere under the CVS tree to allow easy and consistant access
> >to the patches. Change-type: Evolutionary. As far as I can recall,
> >Dean thought this sucked, even though it helped some people out.
>
> And Marc, and (for the record now) me.  I guess everyone stopped reading my
> last message before I proposed another alternative, which was to have
> patches auto-culled from new-httpd mailings into something like
> http://dev.apache.org/patches/ so that we would have easy and consistant
> access to them.

:-) Had not gotten around to a response. If others feel this would
be helpful, and someone can find time to do it, that would be great.
CVS is not the answer to everything. I personally prefer to filter
patches into my mail reader. Makes it nice to follow the discussion
surrounding a particular patch as well. I'd be happy to help anyone
with procmail if they want to do the same.