httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: voting
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 14:48:12 GMT
> From: Gregory A Lundberg <lundberg@vr.net>
> On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Ian Kluft wrote:
> > Maybe call it the "temporary accelerated development" privilege or something
> > like that.  If the idea is adopted, it should probably be codified as an
> > amendment to the voting procedures.
>
> Rome tried this a few thousand years ago.  The job title is "Ceasar".  It
> worked for a while but eventually led to the downfall of the Republic and
> the rise of the Empire.

Nice try.  But that analogy falls apart so fast that I wonder if you read
the part about responsibilities coming with the privilege?  If anyone
(or several people) were to be granted the privilege, the idea as stated
so far would be that it's temporary and they'd still have to report to the
list what they do with the privilege.  Hardly sounds like an emperor!

How about a more serious comment...  It was a serious suggestion.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA