httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: pass off sending to select loop?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 1998 13:23:51 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:
> Has anyone looked at passing off connections to a seperate process via
> descriptor passing, then that processes multiplexes sending for however
> many descriptors you want?

I think NCSA did that, or at least tried to. I have no idea how
successful they were or are... I seem to recall there being some
concerns about portability but my memory is fuzzy. About that time
I was doing very, very little with NCSA and focusing on Apache

      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services           |