httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: Apache 1.2.5 Win32 Platform Port Project (fwd)
Date Fri, 16 Jan 1998 20:06:24 GMT
On Friday, January 16, 1998 2:58 PM, rasmus@bellglobal.com
[SMTP:rasmus@bellglobal.com] wrote:
> > Especially since they are calling it Apache with only minor distinctions:
> >
> > 1.2.5 (i386/Win32-0.3.1a-[100198])
> > Apache 1.2.5 (i386/Win32)
> > This is Apache 1.2.5 (i386/Win32-0.3.1a-[100198]) HTTP daemon
> > Compiled with Cygnus GNU C/C++ 2.7.2 b18
> > Win32 port by Stipe Tolj (tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de, stolj@mi.uni-koeln.de)
> > All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 1995-1997 The Apache Group for the
> > orginal
> > source distribution at (http://www.apache.org).
> > Copyright (c) 1997-1998 Stipe Tolj for Win32 systems port distribution at
> > (http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~tolj).
>
> Apache pretty well compiles out of the box using gnu-win32 gcc.  I got
> it running over a year ago using the Cygnus gcc on my Win95 box.  I only
> had to fiddle with the code a little bit.  I didn't port anything and I
> don't understand what this project is all about.

He says this (that it compiles with Cygnus gcc) and he is only doing
#defines when needed to make it work.

As for what its about, its kinda hard to tell from his page, although he does
make a comment in the scrolling applet about "minor Windows GUI improvements"
so perhaps he's doing something about the .conf files.

Ah! I read some more of the applet and it says he intends to add Windows
objects
supported by the CDK and do a Windows configuration utility. So there ya go...

I'm a bit amused at his definition of HTTP: "(hypertext typed protocol)"

Why not just ask him?

> -Rasmus

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell