httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: installshield
Date Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:50:02 GMT
On Friday, January 16, 1998 7:02 AM, Ben Laurie [SMTP:ben@algroup.co.uk] wrote:
> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > what is the status of the NT installer?  It would be nice to have it
> > working better before the next release.
> >
> > Can I play with it?  What is the deal with the different versions of
> > InstallShield?  What one is Ben using?  What is the one that comes with
> > visual studio and how limited is it?
>
> I'm using IS5. I believe the one that comes with VC is also IS5 but
> restricted to installing on your own machine (or something).

The "free" version of IS5 is rather limited (their web site
www.installshield.com
discusses the differences somewhere). I don't think its limited to your own
computer, but you can't run a separate program during install, for example.

> Ben.

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell