httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apachen STATUS
Date Mon, 12 Jan 1998 19:27:17 GMT
On Friday, January 09, 1998 1:41 AM, Alexei Kosut
[SMTP:akosut@leland.Stanford.EDU] wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Gregory A Lundberg wrote:
[snip]
 > Now the big question .. how was I supposed to know dev.apache.org even ran
> > a web site?  I don't think I've seen it linked from www.apache.org and I
> > just grep'd the docs from the 1.2.5 source tarball and there's nothing
> > there.  I suppose lurking on the new-httpd list would eventually expose
> > its existance (hey, it worked today for me).  Maybe everyone who'd like to
> > muck arround with the server will lurk for months until someone drops a
> > hint.
>
> One might ask the question of how you found the new-httpd mailing list. It
> isn't documented anywhere that I'm aware of, or if it is, it's not easy to
> come by. I think the theory is that one who can find the list can also
> find other relevant information.
>
> Or can ask for it. The Apache Group is not for the weak of heart. (if you
> can't stand the heat, get off the planet)

I probably shouldn't reply without reading the other 350+ new messages, but I'm
rather curious how you expect to get more volunteers, especially for NT work,
with an attitude like that.

IF you want people to help, you have to make it EASY (or at least not HARD) for
them to learn stuff and help out.

> -- Alexei Kosut <akosut@stanford.edu> <http://www.stanford.edu/~akosut/>
>    Stanford University, Class of 2001 * Apache <http://www.apache.org> *

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell