httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: NT to do list
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 00:05:08 GMT
On Friday, January 09, 1998 12:41 PM, Ben Hyde [SMTP:bhyde@gensym.com] wrote:
> In an attempt to get a list started this is what falls
> out of my head if I shake it.
>
>   Install
>     N flavors mean N things to support and N things
>       to decide the content of.
>     Getting it all into CVS
>
>   Instructions on running the server when the customer doesn't
>   have admin. privs (i.e. most intranet PC users).
>
>   Replacement for signal handling.  Paul's recent
>   changes might cover this, when I glanced at the original
>   they seemed to provide an named event that could be zapped
>   to inject the equivalent of signal, but not a tool to
>   do the zapping.  - Doc to explain mechinism required.

My tray app was built do handle this (events, at least on Win95). If/when I
can get access to the sources, I'll see about adding a "user message" for
the NT service. But I haven't had alot of time to work on the tray app. I did
sent it to some folks but haven't heard back any comments. I've been running
it locally and of course I think its just fine. :-)

>   Shaking out the Service interface.
>
>   Doc so one can say "RTFM", for oh so many tedious details
>   that a pure PC person would be confused by.
>
>   The mutex should be critical-regions, since the current
>   design is creating a mess of OS calls that are unnecessary.
>
>   Files are not being MMAP'd to send them, it maybe that
>   "TransmitFile" would be best.

MS certainly believes that TransmitFile is the way to go (unless
ISAPI filters need access to the outgoing stream)

[snip]

>   The doc explaining how to build from source needs work, or
>   at least I had a hell of time getting it up and working.
>   Oh, and possibly a pointer to a page explaining how to
>   setup CVS et. al. would be good.

This would be Way Cool!

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell