httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apachen/src/modules/proxy proxy_util.c
Date Mon, 05 Jan 1998 16:28:51 GMT
On Friday, January 02, 1998 8:55 AM, Paul Sutton [SMTP:paul@awe.com] wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > > I think there are gadgets that do this (I could be wrong). I wouldn't be
> > > brave enough to install them.
> >
> > I used to run xmouse under win95, which provides the more useful x-style
> > focus, but I forget what applications get screwed up because they're
> > written with the "active is always on top" mentality.  I seem to recall it
>
> XMouse is part of the PowerTools stuff, available from www.microsoft.com.
> It is most excellent, and makes Win95 bareable to use, even though some
> apps get confused. Still doesn't fix my #1 GUI interface hassle: the way
> windows pops up dialog boxes ontop of your working window... They
> obviously don't expect people to use it as a multiprocessing operating
> system. Doh.

Minor nit: they are called Power Toys and Xmouse is missing the most important
feature, as far as I'm concerned; the ability to specify a delay. I use a
freeware
proggie called AutoRaise which does the job pretty well.

The best of the Power Toys, though is TweakUI...That and "Command Prompt Here"
for us command line junkies...

> //pcs

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell