httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date Sat, 13 Dec 1997 23:57:14 GMT
> Even if you turn off keep-alive we should be chunking an HTTP/1.1
> connection... are we not?  That's bad.  Chunking guarantees that the
> client receives the entire file -- it's more than just a way to delimit
> keep-alive sessions.

When I turn off keep-alive by setting r->connection-keepalive = -1 just
before calling send_http_header() then no chunking is done.  The
request headers look like this:

GET /info.phtml HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Connection: Keep-Alive

And the response headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 23:50:17 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3b4-dev
Connection: close

ie. no chunking!

> That said, IE4pr2 had lots of bugs.  I wouldn't be surprised if the
> released version does too.  If you can get "tcpdump -s 1514 -w dump.out"
> output to me we can figure out if it's our fault or IE's.

Need to dig out tcpdump for this I guess.  I do most of my work on Solaris
using snoop.

View raw message