httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: length types
Date Wed, 24 Dec 1997 16:17:26 GMT
While were are on the subject, some values; I think they are
from the infamed appendix A6 but not sure. I've jsut taken the
compulsory min/max values and worked out the bits you would need
to just represent it.

char		8 bits
short		16
int		32
long		32
float		32
double		64
long double	64
pointer		32

Some other mim levels on could run into are wit the #include (on
BSD we reach 11 at one point, the spec guarantees 8) conditional
compilation level (6) and compoind statements (15).

Dw.

On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 23, 1997 at 09:15:49AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, I think that ANSI defines that long must be at
> > > least 2147483647.
> >
> > Hmm. ISTR that short <= int <= long, and that there was no other
> > assurance of size. Was this changed?
> >

> Yes, ANSI defines "minimum sizes" for short, int and long (both signed
> and unsigned)
>
> --

http://cils.ceo.org                         http://enrm.ceo.org
dirkx@technologist.com                     Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
+39 332 78 0014       +39 332 78 9549       fax +39 332 78 9185
ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy