httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: crypt() not in usual library on RedHat 5?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 1997 20:53:19 GMT
Yes, I've seen this before, same for their 1.0.8 kit, was
also 'broken' or 'internationalizes'. I guess that given
all the installations of linux, some slightly more clever
type of test is needed in configure; perhaps a helper/test ?

Dw.

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Someone's doing a verification install for me on RedHat Linux 5.0.
> 1.3b3 builds just fine, but the 1.2.4 kit comes up with the
> following:
>
> mod_auth.o: In function 'authenticate_basic_user':
> mod_auth.o(.text+0x2d0): undefined refrence to 'crypt'
> Make:[httpd] Error 1
>
> (transcribed by hand by the installer).  This looks to me as though
> crypt() isn't in the libraries chosen by default for RH5.
> I'm getting some more information (such as the Configuration
> settings and the "cc -o httpd" line from the two makefiles),
> but has anyone seen this before?
>
> #ken	P-)}

http://cils.ceo.org                         http://enrm.ceo.org
dirkx@technologist.com                     Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
+39 332 78 0014       +39 332 78 9549       fax +39 332 78 9185
ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy