httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject rotatelogs program (fwd)
Date Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:46:44 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:05:12 -0500
From: Chris O'Regan <chris@ece.concordia.ca>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Subject: rotatelogs program

Hello,

I am trying to get the "rotatelogs" program running with the server but when I
start the server, I get the following error message:

root@nsa logs 5:37pm #chroot /ece/nsa/web /usr/local/sbin/httpd
exec: No such file or directory
Exec of shell for logging failed!!!
exec: No such file or directory
Exec of shell for logging failed!!!

Creating the log files doesn't seem to have any effect.  The corresponding
lines in my config file are:

   ## Rotate logs every day
   TransferLog "|/usr/local/sbin/rotatelogs /usr/web/www/logs/access_log 86400"
   #TransferLog /usr/web/www/logs/access_log

If I go back to using a file, it works without a hitch.

I am not sure how to get this working, and I am wondering if you could help.
I am running Apache 1.2.4 on a SPARCstation 4 running Solaris 2.6.  The server
is running in its own chroot'ed environment as user "web" and group "web".

Thanks,

     Chris O'Regan <chris@ECE.Concordia.CA>, UNIX Systems Administrator
                   Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
                http://www.ECE.Concordia.CA/~chris/addr.html