httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject NOT A BUG!!! New Function: SearchRules for Alias/ScriptAlias. (fwd)
Date Wed, 03 Dec 1997 15:40:28 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:40:54 +0100
From: Mario Ivankovits <mario@mail.ops.co.at>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Subject: NOT A BUG!!! New Function: SearchRules for Alias/ScriptAlias.

Hello !

I do have need a SearchRule for Alias/ScriptAlias, and so i have done one.
The idea is to leave standard cgi-bin in one directory, and place ONLY
customer spezific in another.

ScriptAlias /default-bin/ /users/www/default-bin/
ScriptAlias /customer-bin/ /users/www/customer-bin/:/users/www/default-bin/

So if the script is modified for the customer it can be placed into
'/users/www/customer-bin/' the rest leave in '/users/www/default-bin/'

I think, this is a nice feature for your Apache 1.3 release, and very very
usefully to hold a std-version and a customer-version of an
HTML-Application.
I sent You my modified "mod_alias.c" as attachment for Apache Version 1.2.4.

Sorry for sending this via 'apache-bugs', but i can't find any other e-mail
adress.

byebye

Mario (mario@ops.co.at)