httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@eu.c2.net>
Subject Re: 1.3b3 stability
Date Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:53:18 GMT
On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > Given the almost complete lack of bug reports against 1.3 in general on
> > unix and 1.3b3 in particular I think that either:
> >
> > - nobody is testing it
> > or,
> > - it's actually stable and we could have a unix release candidate

Yeah!

> If we do release Unix before Windows, will we release Windows as 1.3.x
> or 1.4?

Um, tricky.

> What is left on the plate for Windows (I don't think ASP should hold it
> up, BTW)?

Let's see... installer fixups, making to work as a service when not in
\apache, adding registry key(s), fixing up the process/thread model,
documenting API restrictions when coding for multi-threading, not ignoring
LoadModule at restart, finding some way of rotating logs other than
stop/move file/start, for starters.

//pcs