httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@eu.c2.net>
Subject Re: Shared modules on Unix
Date Tue, 09 Dec 1997 10:27:44 GMT
On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> > +using_shlib=`grep -q ^SharedModule $tmpfile && echo 1`
> 		^^^^^^^
> This is not portable enough; older greps don't have -q (yet);
> besides, plain vanilla bourne shells interpret '^' identical to '|',
> i.e., as a pipe sign. Therefore,
>
>    using_shlib=`grep  '^SharedModule' $tmpfile >/dev/null && echo 1`
>
> would be a more defensive approach.

Yep, sounds good. I knew I shouldn't have used -q since I'd never heard of
it before I read man grep recently.

> Other than that, I like the patch *very much* -- I just didn't find out
> the option for my system yet to make the linker export the apache symbols
> for use by the .so objects :-(  will keep trying, though!

Umm, I'm still getting some little problems... like modules can't access
add_common_vars(), but they call add_cgi_vars() without problem, and both
are defined identically as far as I can tell. Umm.

//pcs