httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@awe.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b4-dev Sun Nov 30 11:16:51 EST 1997
Date Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:35:37 GMT
On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > > I've done some work today on ASP, and I think I've got it sussed. At
> > > least, I'm starting to get it sussed, and I have actually managed to run
> > > a VBScript from my own program.
> >
> > Wow, that would be too cool for words. I'm not clear though -- are you
> > saying you've got ASPs to work when accessed via Apache?
>
> When I wrote the email I was running under a testbed, but was confident
> that it would work under Apache. Since then I have successfully served
> pages generated by VBScript from an Apache module.

Hey, that is just too cool. Brrrr. So cool even my car was iced up this
morning.

> > What are us using
> > as the scripting host?
>
> Either I don't understand the question, or the answer is "something I
> wrote myself".

Oh my, it is a DCOM/C++ monster in our midst. I'll bet it even has a
dispinterface. What I meant was to be a scripting host you have to
implement the ActiveScripting DCOM interface -- not just be able to call
VBscript. ASP of course can access any scripting engine installed on the
system (VBscript and JavaScript are already available, many more lined up
such as perl/python/etc - often commercial though).

> This is, of course, related to 2.0 stuff about shared memory and such.
>
> > Do we have to make Apache into a
> > DCOM/C++ monster?
>
> The DCOM/C++ monster is entirely confined within a module DLL. So far.

:-)

//pcs