httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@eu.c2.net>
Subject RE: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:22:34 GMT
On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, David D'Antonio wrote:
> On Monday, December 01, 1997 10:40 AM, Paul Sutton
> >  -- create custom & typical installs (and remove the
> >  full/minimum
> >     install options)
>
> I'm curious, why remove the full install option? Perhaps minimum
> install is what ya get now; no src and no docs, for those with
> their
> own content.

Yeah, whatever. The point is that at the moment all the options do the
same thing anyway, and they don't have any help type information for end
users (such as amount of disk space needed, or what components they
include). I happen to think that typical & custom are the best and only
required options, but you could add minimum I guess. Typical wouldn't
include the source code.

> >  -- give some information after the install finishes rather
> >  than
> >     just exitting. A readme will do for now. Later it could be
> >     an
> >     option to run a batch file which installs Apache as a
> >     service
> >     and optionally does a startup on it
>
> I believe there is no need for an extra Batch file as IS can
> surely
> run Apache -i...

You would've thought so...

Paul