httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@eu.c2.net>
Subject Re: Separate Win32 package for 1.3b3 icons & htdocs
Date Mon, 01 Dec 1997 15:40:28 GMT
On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> >     Has anyone tried this?  Is it ready for me to move over to
> >     /apache/dist/?
> +1 from me. Could it find out the apache install directory automatically
> (from the registry)? Or doesn't SFX offer an interface for things like
> that?

Yes, it works. But hang on a minute, we haven't released the
IS executable yet because it _is not finished_. I don't want to put a
damper on the good work that's going on, but we need a proper IS installer
soonish. People want it. Having to pack up and distribute separate
archives of things missed-out from the installer is not really on.

To finish the IS installer, we need

 -- to include htdocs and src directories

 -- create custom & typical installs (and remove the full/minimum
    install options)

 -- give some information after the install finishes rather than
    just exitting. A readme will do for now. Later it could be an
    option to run a batch file which installs Apache as a service
    and optionally does a startup on it

//pcs