httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3b4-dev Sun Nov 30 11:16:51 EST 1997
Date Mon, 01 Dec 1997 15:13:30 GMT
On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> I've done some work today on ASP, and I think I've got it sussed. At
> least, I'm starting to get it sussed, and I have actually managed to run
> a VBScript from my own program.

Wow, that would be too cool for words. I'm not clear though -- are you
saying you've got ASPs to work when accessed via Apache? What are us using
as the scripting host? What about all the nasty little tricks like
session/application object lifetimes? Do we have to make Apache into a
DCOM/C++ monster?

> Question: should we emulate IIS's ASP, do our own, or both?

Erm, isn't there only one ASP, i.e. microsoft's? If we have a scripting
host, with support for the ASP objects, then users can use any scripting
engine... Or am I missing something?

View raw message