httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject RE: table_* business
Date Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:03:18 GMT
One problem with r->notes is that it is not transparently handled by the
subrequest and internal redirect and negotiation "fast redirect"
mechanisms properly.  The API needs to be improved to do this right... at
the moment, the best place to do some things is in r->subprocess_env
because it's inherited across all these mechanisms in a "sane" way (for
some unspecified definition of sane :).

In practice people complain when, say, an auth module is invoked 10 times
because a request goes through 10 subrequests.  Something is lacking in
the API... I'm not sure what.

Dean