httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/htdocs .cvsignore
Date Sun, 21 Dec 1997 09:02:19 GMT
On Sun, 21 Dec 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On 21 Dec 1997 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:
>
> >   I'm tired of cvs complaining about all my debugging files.  We're not likely
> >   to be changing this directory much, so ignore any non-cvs files in it.
>
> I don't really like this... If you don't like cvs complaining, you
> can always put "/path/to/apachen/htdocs/*" in $HOME/.cvsignore. I think
> that works.

Maybe that works if you've only got one /path/to/apachen.  I have about 10
spread over four machines.

> Out of curiosity, what kind of debugging files go with HTML files?

The kind that I use to debug apache?  Like SSI files, imaps, some php3
stuff, whatever I happen to be debugging.  They all go in htdocs.

What are we likely to add to the htdocs directory that's supposed to be
part of apache?  My change doesn't affect htdocs/manual -- .cvsignore is
not a recursive thing, it only applies to its directory.

Dean