httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Problem with 1.3b3
Date Tue, 16 Dec 1997 07:06:36 GMT
Ah ok now that I've seen your config files and whatnot and I wake up I
realise what's up.  This is expected behaviour.  The main server cannot be
a name-vhost.  It's essentially the same as a default server.  Add a vhost
which matches the name that you want for the main server, and place it
first in the config file.

I haven't dug into Lars' docs yet, if this isn't clear then it should be
made clear.  There is a description of the matching process on the details
page, and it does mention that the main server is only matched based on ip
address, and then only if there's no other match.

Dean